Homepage Download Renegade X IRC

Community Beta Applications!

Postby [NE]Fobby[GEN] » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Are you interested in taking part in the Renegade X internal beta?

The long-awaited indie multiplayer game Renegade X will be released on February 26th 2014. With almost two months until release, we're looking to attract gaming communities, clans, press, and guilds. We want your input and support, and so we invite you all to apply for the Renegade X Phase III Beta! Does your community have what it takes?

We are looking for devoted gamers who could join us, provide feedback, give suggestions, and report bugs during the month of January.

We are accepting applications from:

1. Gaming communities
2. Clans (including former and current C&C Renegade clans, Renegade X clans, and even non-C&C clans)
3. Gaming websites and forums (including gaming news sites, press, online communities, and C&C community pages)
4. Mod teams and game developers (indie and industry)
5. Leagues (including organizers of competitive tournaments)

We only need one application per community. Preferably, we want the leader or founder of each group to apply on behalf of their group. Each group must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 testers.

You have from now until January 7th 2014 to apply. Not all groups that apply will make it to the Phase III internal beta. Individuals who apply without representing a group will not be accepted. The Phase III beta will begin in mid-January.

Apply here and nowhere else: http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=92

Here's to Renegade Xmas! Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and happy New Year! We hope to see you on the battlefield.
[NE]Fobby[GEN]
Developer

9071 total posts
Joined on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm
Canada

RE: Community Beta Applications!

Postby Fatality » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 am

Wish I met any off that criteria. All well looking forward to playing in February!
Fatality

4 total posts
Joined on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Postby Tsumetai » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 am

gee, Fatality, maybe they'll make exceptions for longstanding community members, or even past members of the team(who remembers when it was "Renegade 2007"
Tsumetai

162 total posts
Joined on Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:06 am
Favourite faction: GDI

Postby XD_ERROR_XD » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am

Cool! I'll go inform some buddies on C&C Renegade ASAP.
Thanks to ARC_Trooper for my brand new signature!

XD_ERROR_XD
Phase I Beta Tester

761 total posts
Joined on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:12 pm
Citadel Station

Postby mrtnptrs » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 pm

But will this beta only include the beta of the multiplayer version? Or will the singleplayer (Black Dawn) also get some fixes/additions and then be included in the beta or before the offical release?
In the beginning god has created the earth, the rest was "made in China."
mrtnptrs
Phase III Beta Tester

11 total posts
Joined on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 pm
Netherlands
Steam ID: mrtnptrs

Postby Jam » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 pm

mrtnptrs wrote:But will this beta only include the beta of the multiplayer version? Or will the singleplayer (Black Dawn) also get some fixes/additions and then be included in the beta or before the offical release?

Black Dawn will (probably) not be updated. The multiplayer beta will be released as a seperate download.
Jam
Developer

713 total posts
Joined on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm
Sydney, Australia (I'm Dutch)
Favourite faction: Nod
Steam ID: Kameelteen

Postby mrtnptrs » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Jam wrote:
mrtnptrs wrote:But will this beta only include the beta of the multiplayer version? Or will the singleplayer (Black Dawn) also get some fixes/additions and then be included in the beta or before the offical release?

Black Dawn will (probably) not be updated. The multiplayer beta will be released as a seperate download.

So, Black Dawn will probably not be update? Then at the final release, the users who love singleplayer have to play an altered game with bugs in it? Couldn't you include Black Down (with bugs fixed and maybe some improvement) into the final release with the multiplayer or later on?
In the beginning god has created the earth, the rest was "made in China."
mrtnptrs
Phase III Beta Tester

11 total posts
Joined on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 pm
Netherlands
Steam ID: mrtnptrs

Postby [NE]Fobby[GEN] » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:12 am

The multiplayer will not include black Dawn, as that would make the file size too large. And I don't see us revisiting Black Dawn in the future. Once our multiplayer is out, we'd rather focus our energy on that than on BD.
[NE]Fobby[GEN]
Developer

9071 total posts
Joined on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm
Canada

Postby Anonymously » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:19 am

I think that's a good decision. There's bound to be updates needed to be worked on regularly for the first few months, at least.
Anonymously

48 total posts
Joined on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Postby Ankhlume » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Good idea, I would like to join you for this bétâ but I think my english is a problem very big, pending, I am learning language at Shakespeare.
Ankhlume

7 total posts
Joined on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Postby R315r4z0r » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah I think not spending any more effort on BD is a good idea. Tbh, it would be another project entirely just to update BD with all of the new upgrades the multiplayer version has now. It's like a whole other game now.
R315r4z0r
Phase I Beta Tester

1853 total posts
Joined on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:26 am
New York
Steam ID: R315r4z0r

Postby Generalcamo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:33 pm

I'd actually go so far as to label Black Dawn as "OUTDATED" and "UNSUPPORTED."
Generalcamo
Phase II Beta Tester

170 total posts
Joined on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 am

Postby NuRelic » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:32 am

So I am a developer (not a game one but nonetheless a developer) and played renegade since beta back in the day. Any love?
NuRelic

2 total posts
Joined on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:01 am
Steam ID: urdeluge

Postby warlordcali » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am

i want in me and a larg group of friends are looking forwer to the game but thay put me up to test it for them so plz cane you get me in
warlordcali

1 total posts
Joined on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 am
Xfire ID: warlordcali
Steam ID: warlordcali1

Postby Fatality » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 pm

What if I just said that I used to play renegade a lot when I was younger, and thought the game died when Westwood stopped supporting it. This was my favorite game growing up and I am so glad to see it being remade! Thanks for not giving up on renegade!
I don't belong to any online group of gamers, but I will be telling everyone who plays at my work about this game. I would love to beta test your game.
Fatality

4 total posts
Joined on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 pm
Next

Return to News